Write for us: guest-posting guidelines
Writing for the RST Software blog is an excellent way to share your expertise
Publishing with us not only allows you to display your writing skills, but also gives you a great platform for sharing your knowledge and expertise with the world. We are always on the lookout for talented and experienced authors who want to write authoritative and engaging content for our blog.
If you are interested in one of the following, you might want to consider submitting your content ideas for publication:
What we write about
It's essential to recognize the range of readers we're writing for here at RST Software, and to understand their expectations and how best to engage them. As we are a technology company, we frequently write about technology itself, software development processes as well as relevant business topics, including:
- Advice for startup owners, people building their first digital products, serial technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. The content is designed to provide insights, tips and guide through all stages of the product development cycle, without overwhelming readers with too many technical details.
- Best software development practices for developers of all levels and experience, including in-depth guides, case studies, how-to articles and tutorials that uncover the most effective methods of using specific technologies.
- Ways GIS-powered companies can use geospatial technologies to build complex location-based applications or turn large datasets of geodata into interactive data visualization solutions.
- Tech industry trends that will shape the future of our lives, both private- and business-wise.
Our tech stack
When it comes to our tech stack, we write about:
- Node.js, React, and Java for web app development;
- AWS for cloud computing;
- OpenStreetMap and Mapbox for location-based app development;
- React Native for mobile app development;
- XMPP, ejabberd, MQTT for chat app development; and
- Twilio, Agora, Amazon IVS for media streaming app development.
An effective guest author must be able to tailor their writing in order to bring valuable insights to each type of reader, providing them with actionable tips, valuable advice, and interesting stories.
Content writing guidelines
We strive to create engaging and informative content that is well-written and tailored to our audience. To ensure we produce quality content every time, we have created the following set of guidelines for writers:
- Be data-accurate: All content should be well-researched and accurate, with all sources properly cited. When using technical vocabulary, always provide definitions.
- Be original: Content should be original, and not copied from other sources. We use plagiarism and AI-generated content checking tools to make sure our authors follow the rules.
- Pay attention to details: All content should be proofread and edited for mistakes, and typos. Words or phrases repetition within the same paragraph is not welcome and should be avoided at all times. Use LanguageTool's browser extension or any other preferred means to find synonyms. Before exposing your written material to other editors / writers, please read it out loud or use a dedicated Read Aloud extension to check no critical issues in the text flow persist.
- Pay attention to readability: All written content has to be properly formatted before publishing: ie remove leading and trailing whitespaces (trailing whitespace is any spaces or tabs after the last non-whitespace character on the line until the newline), double spaces, multiple carriage returns etc. For more details, please refer to our official Style Guide or Butterick's Practical Typography.
What to avoid
If you decide to publish with us, you should steer clear off the following DON'Ts:
Ready to submit your idea?
If you're ready to submit your idea, simply fill out this submission from. In case you do not hear from us, it means the topic you suggested didn't match our editorial strategy. Nevertheless, don't worry, you can always submit more ideas or even multiple topics at once.
Your idea got the green light?
Congratulation! You can start writing your article now. Don't forget to stick to the guidelines provided above.
After we receive your draft, our editorial team will review the piece. If it requires cosmetic changes, we’ll send you feedback within another 5 business days. However, if the content is not written according to our standards, we reserve the right to reject it or ask you for substantial revisions.